Hello, I am in the process of writing a research paper for my cultural anthropology class and I am needing to interview individuals of the sub cultural I am researching. I have chosen to research Otherkins and I am hoping someone will be willing to take a few minutes to answer my questions.
Some of these might seem mundane but I promise they reflect directly to what I am required to cover in my paper. I have tried to word these as not offend anyone but I might have failed, so if something is offensive I apologize in advance and if you would explain how it is offensive that would help me greatly. As of right now everything I have found is either from a book or what I have read on the internet so I am at a disadvantage. Here goes.
1. Is your identity as an Otherkin as a whole, more or less important than you identity as a specific creature? Do you feel more connected with people of your own identity or simply otherkins as a whole.
2. How does your identity as an otherkin affect your daily life?
3. Do you feel that your friends and family understand the meaning of your otherkin identity?
4. Have you awakened? And if so would you tell me about it?
5. What otherkin do you identify with? Has this changed over time or have you always been the same creature?
6. I have read that there are some biological explanations for a blending of species. How do you feel about these explanations and does it matter to you if this can be explained by science?
7. Do you practice a specific religion? If so what and how does it affect your otherkin identity?
8. How has identifying yourself as an Otherkin improved your life?
Once again I appreciate all the help I can get. I have to turn my paper in the beginning of December so the sooner a response can be sent the better.
Thank you for all your help.